20 Fascinating & Delightful Facts About Kissing
What do you know about kissing, just locking the lips? Well, there are more strange and true facts. You may get yourself arrested or could transfer millions of bacteria just by kissing.
1) A 10 year psychology study undertaken in Germany during the 1980s has shown that men live up to five years longer if they kiss their wife before going to work. Yes, kissing can increase your life expectancy. Just make sure that you kiss your own wife, locking lips with somebody else’s wife might decrease your life expectancy.
2) How long can you lock your lips with your partner? The longest kiss lasted 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds and was achieved by Ekkachai Tiranarat and Laksana Tiranarat. No word on if they got food and bathroom breaks. How could they kiss for an hour without checking their mobiles?
3) According to anthropologists, 90 percent of people kiss. And I belong to that 10 % (forever alone)
4) The insulting slang “kiss my ass” dates back at least to 1705. (and they call me uncivilized)
5) The muscle you use to pucker your lips is called the “orbicularis oris”. Interesting, never knew there was a muscle called orbicularis oris.
6) On average, two-thirds of people tip their heads to the right when they kiss
7) When you kiss someone your heart beats faster and more oxygen reaches your brain.
8) Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers. Not even genitals have as much sensitivity as lips.
9) When you kiss someone for the first time, you get a spike in the neurotransmitter dopamine, making you crave more.
10) A medieval manuscript warns Japanese men against deep kissing during the female orgasm because a woman might accidentally bite off part of her lover’s tongue.
11) Most people remember their first kiss more vividly than the first time they had sex.
12) Kissing may have originated when mothers orally passed chewed solid food to their infants during weaning.
13) Kissing at the conclusion of a wedding ceremony can be traced to ancient Roman tradition where a kiss was used to sign contract.
14) The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million to 1 billion bacteria. Well, who cares?
15) The word “kiss” comes from the Old English word cyssan, which technically means “to kiss.” The Romans had several words for several different types of #kissing.
16) In Mexico, university professor Manuel Berumen was arrested for #kissing his wife in public. In 2010, a Saudi Arabian man was arrested for hugging and #kissing a woman. Seriously?
17) Instead of #kissing, mothers of the Manchu tribe used to show affection by sucking their child’s penis in public, because #kissing was considered sexual.
18) The first time two men kissed on screen was in 1927. The movie was ‘Wings’ one of the first to show two men #kissing.
19) In Nevada, it is illegal for men who have mustaches to kiss. Luckily there’s no such laws here in India.
20) The study of kissing is called philematology. And someone who studies #kissing is called an osculologist. Yes, you can have a #kissing career. And in-case you are aplying, do let me know.
Well, what are you still doing here?