Extreme Body Modification: Humans That are Not Happy to be Humans.
Everyone wants to look different. You would wonder that’s not a new concept. Famous and rich people under go several procedures to get the desired look. The look that people symbolise to epitome of beauty. On the other hand some people do not want to fallow the general perception and choose to look out of the world with their looks.
- Henry Damon who obsessed the character Red Skull in Capitan America: The First Avenger went way to far by deforming his body to look just like him. He got his face tattooed red and trimmed off his nose. He even got few implants in his forehead and if that was not enough he even tattooed his eye balls entirely black. Still no satisfied Henry Damon will be getting more implants and tattoos in the future. Lets hope we don’t encounter him on a dark night in a abandon road. That is some extreme body modification.
- Girls like to get piercing, be it ear piercing nose piercing and treading eyebrow, lip, and tongue piercing. Most of us would want to stop at that or won’t even go that far. When you take body piercing way to far the you come up with some stupid idea like Corset Piercing. Corset has been used from centuries to shrink women to have tiny waist. Not only the corset is chokingly painful but someone made it a step too far. This body modification includes hoops pierced onto the back of the skin and then a ribbon is put through the loops. No one told these girls that it would hurt if they get their hair stuck in them. ouch!
3. What would you do if your culture ask you to deform your body? It’s not always the case of any fad or obsession. Men in Maymar thinks giraffe neck is hot. No kidding these ethnic group females wear rings around their neck to elongate their neck. Some females can wear dozens of rings around their neck making them look like a giraffe.
4. How much our grandmas loopy earlobes used to make us fascinate and cringe at the same time. One a tribal trend now loopy earlobes are trending amongst youngsters. One man took it way to far than necessary. Joel Miller has inserted tunnels in both his cheeks. One can see right through his mouth. Exactly, you can see what he’s eating without asking him.
5. How much lizards disgusts us. Even the sight of a lizard on the wall makes us want to shoo it way. Not for this man who tattooed all green similar to lizards skin. His love for lizards made him deform his body to such lengths that he has implants above his eyes, split his tongue into two parts, and sharpen his teeth to justify the lizard look.
6. As for most of us Vampire fad is fading. Maria Jose Cristerna has some sincere love for the vampire cult not only she had undergone tattoos and piercings she has done body modification like titanium horns in her head and some dental implants to give her a more severe look. The vampire movies we see so far makes us think vampires are gorgeous and powerful. She doesn’t seem anything like that.
7. As a kid I always wanted to play the role of a fairy like most girls. Fairies are fascinating and magical. They make us believe world can be a better place with little bit of magic. Melinda Moon from Canada could not get over her fairy tale obsession. She modified her ear by cutting the ear cartilage giving a pointy top to look more fairy like. Not done enough she got triforce symbol inserted under her skin to complete her look.
How far would you go if you are fascinated with something extraordinary? When should someone draw the line between reality and fad. Is there something you’d like to change about yourself. Share with us in the comment below.