Independence Day 2016 : PM’s Top 12 Quotes
Our nation India is celebrating its 70th independence day with much enjoyment and enthusiasm across every state of the country on 15 August 2016. By paying homage to several great leaders and freedom fighters who fought for India’s freedom from British colonialism on August 15th, 1947. Without those great souls we wouldn’t be enjoying the freedom that we cherish now. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on its 70th Independence Day ,after unfurling the tricolour for the third time. Mentioned in this article are some of the top quotes from the Independence day speech by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
1) India has problems but it also has 125 crore brains to overcome those problems.
2) There can’t be a bigger freedom than freedom from poverty. I invite all SAARC countries to work together to fight this.
3) We all have to fight against social evils, have to support social justice. Great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar ji have always stressed on the need for social unity.
4) A nation which is divided because of reasons like caste and religion cannot achieve great things.
5) I can give you a long list of what we have done. But if I tell you everything, I’ll have to speak from here for a week. That’s why I will speak not only of Neeti (policy) but of Niyat (Intent).
6) My dream is to double the income of farmers by 2022, and this dream will materialise.
7) ‘Unity in Diversity’ is the whole essence of Indian culture. There is no place for violence and atrocities here.
8) We have brought inflation rate below 6 per cent; I will continue to work to ensure food plate of poor is not affected by inflation.
9) Our mantra is reform, perform, transform.
10) There are a lot of problems which our country faces but we also have 1.25 billion people to solve these problems.
11) People are scared of income tax authorities, particularly middle class families. We have to change this situation, and I will change it. Earlier, getting a passport used to take months, today it takes just a couple of weeks. Transparency is very important to ‘Surajya.’
12) From Ved to Vivekanand, from Mohan (Lord Krishna) to Mohan (Mahatma Gandhi), from Mahabharat’s Bhim to Bhim Rao (Ambedkar) we have a long legacy.
On this 70th year of independence, team Fantoosy wants you all to remember the sacrifices made by our Indian freedom fighters who shaped this country and it’s glorious present. May the glory of Independence Day Be with you and your surroundings forever. Celebrate the free spirit of India with your fellow people and be patriotic every day. Be proud to shout out loud that you are an Indian. Be proud to shout out loud that you belong to India a nation of pride and glory.