Lionel Messi Wins ‘Best Player Of The Year’ At Globe Soccer Awards
The Globe Soccer Awards, an annual tribute to the beautiful game and those who make it so beautiful, are considered highly prestigious and memorable for players, fans and all those who are associated with football, from around the globe. Like every year, there was quite a lot of hype surrounding who would win the most prestigious award, that of the Best Player Of The Year.
Considering the fact that FC Barcelona won a historical treble last year, proving their superiority in European and World Football, the Best Player Of The Year was considered likely to be from the club, and who else but Lionel Messi, the Argentinian forward, could be considered the reason for their success?
Messi may not have as many goals in 2015 as Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid C.F.), but his number of assists and his fitness show that he is a dedicated footballer and a team player. FC Barcelona also picked up the award for Best Club Of The Year, to add to the celebrations. Here’s a list of all the awards and winners, from the Globe Soccer Awards:
- Best Player of the Year 2015 – Lionel Messi (F.C. Barcelona, Argentina)
- Best Club 2015 – F.C. Barcelona (Spain)
- Best President 2015 – Josep Maria Bartomeu (F.C. Barcelona)
- Best Media Attraction in Football – F.C. Barcelona
- Player Career Award – Frank Lampard (ex-Chelsea, ex-Man City)
- Player Career Award – Andrea Pirlo
- Best Agent 2015 – Jorge Mendes (New York City FC, ex- AC Milan, ex-Juventus)
- Best Coach 2015 – Marc Wilmots (Belgium)
- Best Academy 2015 – Benfica (Portugal)
- Best GCC Player 2015 – Yasir Al-Shahrani (Al Hilal, Saudi Arabia)
- Best Referee 2015 – Ravshan Irmatov (Uzbekistan)
It has evidently been a great year for F.C. Barcelona, and they will be trying to keep up the good form in 2016 as well, as they are at the top of the Spanish La Liga at the moment with a game in hand against second placed Atletico Madrid, who also have 35 points but are in second place.
Do you think Messi deserves the award? Or do you think Ronaldo did? Tell us in the comments section!