New AC-III Tier Coach With Coffee machines, GPS & CCTV
Indian Railways will roll out upgraded AC-III tier coaches with couple cool gadgets such as, Coffee machines, GPS and CCTV. They will also be including a signature colour scheme in the new Humsafar Express. These new and better amenities for Indian Railways passengers will be widely appreciated. This new AC-III tier coach is likely to hit the tracks by the middle of November, says an Indian Express report.
Some of the key features in this new tier coach is as follow.
- GPS-based passenger information system above each door.
- Fire-and-smoke detector at every coach to ensure the safety of passengers.
- Automatic room-freshener dispensers to maintain a pleasant environment within the coach.
- Graffiti proof toilet walls.
- Curtains for side berths.
- Coffee and tea machines.
- Suppression system and mobile, laptop charging points with every berth.
— EconomicTimes (@EconomicTimes) November 2, 2016
The coaches are being manufactured by Rail Coach Factory in Rae Bareli. Also seats with better padding and more comfortable head rest for upper berths are some notable features in this new fully air-conditioned coach. The coaches will also be disabled-friendly with integrated Braille displays. This sure is some good news for the rail commuters.