Swachh Bharat Rankings Out: Check If Your City Is One Of The Cleanest!
- Its been ten months since our Prime Minister started the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan for a cleaner country.
- So after these ten months the results are out and Mysore turned out to be the cleanest city with Bangalore being the cleanest capital.
- It is a proud moment for Mysore (Karnatka) as it has topped the list out of 476 cities. There are three more cities from the state Karnatka along with Mysore which have made their place in the top ten.
- From the state of West Bengal 25 cities have made their place in the top 100 cities list.
- These cities were ranked on the basis of the extent of open defecation and waste management practices in them. The city of Mysore leads the cities with minimal open defecation and extensive adoption of solid waste management practices.
- Southern states have done well as they have 39 cities in the list which are among the top 100 followed by 27 from the Eastern States, 15 from the Western States, 12 from the Northern states and 7 from the North-Eastern States.
- 2 places from South Delhi Cantonment ranked 15 while NDMC is ranked 16 and MCD at 398.
- 15 of the 27 capital cities surveyed figured among the top 100 performers while five were ranked beyond 300. Bengaluru leads the list of capitals at 7th rank while Patna came at the bottom at 429.
- The top ten cities are Mysore, Thiruchirapalli, Navi Mumbai, Kochi, Hassan, Mandya and Bangalore Thiruvananthapuram, Halisahar and Gangtok.
- The bottom ten are : Damoh, Bhind,Palwal, Bhiwani, Chittaurgarh, Bulandshahar, Neemuch, Rewari, Hindaun and Sambalpur in Odisha at 467thrank.
- Swachh Bharat is being implemented in urban areas with the motive of construction of individual household, community and public toilets to eradicate open defacation and ensure door-to-door collection and disposal of municipal solid waste.
All the cities were marked on a score of 42 including 20 for open defecation indicators and 22 for solid waste management indicators.
Here are the Swachh Bharat ranking of capital cities:
Ranking for major cities are as follows: