He died during what he does best-sharing knowledge. The entire nation is mourning for the loss of the well qualified and the most humble president of his time, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. A man of high scientific knowledge is no more amongst us and we couldn’t be any sadder.
These facts about Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will leave you at awe. Check them out :
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October, 1931 to a Tamil Muslim family.
- Young Kalam use to deliver newspapers after school so that he could financially support his poor family
- Abdul Kalam use to spend maximum numbers of hours in a day, studying
- His favorite subjects were mathematics and science and eventually he took aerospace engineering.
- His interest in Aerospace brought him up close and personal to India’s Civilian Program and military missile development program.
- Kalam was recipient of Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Bharat Ratna.
- He was one of the pioneers of India’s First space launch vehicle program.
- Kalam was a keen Writer. He had authored around 15 books on various subjects like nuclear physics and spiritual experiences.
Image source: natrajank.com
- His Auto biography “wings of fire” was first published in the English Language and later was translated in 13 different languages
- He has a total of 6 biographies on his life, work and achievements
- Nila Madhabh Panda directed a filmed solely based on Abdul Kalam titles as ‘I am Kalam’.
- Kalam was the 11th president of India and because of his humble and giving nature he was called the ‘People’s President’.
Image source: www.hindustantimes.com
Do take a look at these video for know more:
Video source: Officialkalam.com
Video source: OfficialKalam.com
How shocked were you about his sudden Death? Leave your valuable comments below.