Ways To Use Lemon Juice For Skin Lightening
Looking for tips to lighten up your skin? Well, lemon juice is worth a try for skin lightening. Lemon juice is used as a common remedy for skin lightening globaly. It’s cheap and quick. The citric acid prsent in lemon juice works as a natural bleach on human skin. Lemon juice has vitamin c, which has been scientifically proven to reduce the amount of melanin produced in our skin. Enzymes present in lemon juice is not only effective for skin lightening but also for clearing dark spots and patches on face. It’s not that difficult to use lemon jucie to whiten skin. But people with sensitive skin may find it challenging to use lemon juice for skin. Because the acids present in lemon juice tends to form a chemical reaction especially when exposed on the sunlight.
Never use bottled lemon juice, use only fresh lemons.
- Dip a cotton ball in the lemon juice and apply it on your face and leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash it off and clean your face thoroughly with warm water.
- You can do the first step to get an instant result on sun-tan. (not advised for people with skin deseases)
- Apply fresh juice on on dark skin and dark patches. But the effects aren’t permanent, you might need to repeat the process.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub gently on your face for 10 – 15 minutes. Leave the juice on your face for another 10-15 minutes before washing. It helps cleanse the skin and slowly lightening it with due course of time.
- Lemon skin lightening mask: Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon sandalwood paste, 1 tablespoon tomato juice and 1 tablespoon cucumber juice. Apply the paste on your skin for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water before applying a moisturizer. If your skin is dry mix equal amount of lemon juice, honey and 2 drops of essential oils instead. Apply this mask on your face, wait to dry completely, then rinse with water.
- You could also spray it over skin surface to get an instant result on sun-tan. Mix lemon and water equally and fill it in a cleaned spray bottle. But make sure that you don’t apply the lemon juice spray on injuries or cuts as it causes a burning sensation due to the citric acid contains.
- Also you could make a paste with lemon peal and apply it on your face for 15-20 minutes then wash it off with clean water. It helps in brightening the skin tone if repeated for a while.
- The citric acid in lemons have natural lightening components, so lightening your skin with lemons does work, but the process will take some time.
- Lemon juice dries out the skin too much if applied every day. So it’s better to use it 2 – 4 times a week.
- For oily skin, mix one tsp lemon juice with 2 tsp rosewater and 1 tsp of fuller’s earth. Make a paste by mixing them and apply to your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
- For dry skin, mix a tsp of lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Massage gently for a couple of minutes. Now leave this on your skin for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. This could soften up your skin and could also increase the skin tone if repeated.
People who are allergic to lemon should not employ this skin lightening method unless under doctor’s guidelines. Also avoid long time or direct exposure to the sunlight as soon as applying lemon juice. And avoid getting lemon juice near the eyes or on your eyelids as it can burn or sting. Never go out into the sun with lemon juice on your face. People who suffer from various skin diseases, should not apply lemon juice on their skin without consulting a skin doctor. We at Fantoosy won’t recomend people with skin diseases to try any of these steps mentioned in this article.